Learn the significance of the compilation of the Qur’an, its recitations, transmission, and whether any verses have been abrogated. The course intends to answer the significance of knowing when a verse was revealed, whether ahadith (Prophetic traditions) are reliable and how we understand them.
- The history of Qur’ānic revelation and its compilation
- The themes of revelation during the Makkan & Madinan periods
- The relevance of revelatory causes and scriptural abrogation
- The qir’aat, riwayaat and ahruf of the Qur’an
- How to look at decisive and indefinite verses
- The miraculous nature of the Qur’an