Learn about the overarching principles governing attitude towards scripture and deriving rulings. These include delving into the integrity of one’s faith and reverence towards the authority of scripture. What are the procedures of enquiry and investigation when faced with numerous texts? How do we deal with inconclusive texts? What is the role of reason and logic? How to resolve apparent contradictions? Can there be real contradictions? Does Islam provide guidance to everything? How free are we to judge and rule in our worldly affairs without referring to Islamic Law? Know the answers to these and other questions during a weekend of structured and interactive learning. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to know the sources of information in Islam and more importantly the principles of it’s uses in our everyday life.
- How to gather all related evidence on an issue
- Manifestations of textual rejection
- Understanding seeming contradictions and textual reconciliation
- Dealing with ambiguous texts
- Glorification and veneration of scripture
- The types of scriptural abrogation and how to have faith in all of the texts